Saturday, July 12, 2008

Distance Run, Michigan Style

I flew in to Detroit on Thursday evening, and went for my weekly distance run this morning in Shelby T. Just 6 miles this time--I'm starting out easy. I ran around a few of the subdivisions, past the McMansions (Lake Pointe Woods, Lake in the Woods, Lake Arrowhead--the builders are pretty creative with the names, aren't they?), then ran a "square" down 25 mile, Schoenherr, then 24 mile to Jewell, and back to my parents' house.

I wish I could say this run was an improvement over the last but, with a mile to go, I got caught in a downpour. It was practically a flash flood; the water was up to my ankles while I was slogging through the sidewalks. My shoes are drying out right now as I type. I might as well have jumped in the pool with all of my clothes on...

Total distance covered: 13 miles
Days until race: 98

No comments: