Wednesday, July 9, 2008

1st* Training Run

I had my first official training run today: a 5-mile tempo run. Hopefully, this first run was not a sign of things to come, because it was awful. Well, not awful, but pretty bad . My iPod froze so I had to run the whole thing without music. (Later I learned how to reset the stupid thing; hold menu and center at the same time, duh.)

I was sore (I had Physical Therapy this morning), and it was muggy out. Not to mention keeping the tempo pace was tough.

But--baby steps! It was great to be back on the trail in Prospect Park, and I even heard part of the Feist concert that was going on at the bandshell. Since, of course, I wasn't listening to my own music.

Total distance covered: 7 miles (I did an "easy run" on Monday to kick off the week*)
Days until race: 101

No comments: