Saturday, October 18, 2008

Almost there

So it's the day before the race and I am extremely excited/nervous. I am beginning to regret advertising the fact that I am running this marathon. That way, if I didn't finish the race, I could do so quietly, without having to worry about people asking, "How did you do?"

But I had to advertise for the ASPCA--and I am glad I did! Thanks to all of you, we have raised $650 for the ASPCA. My grandfather also pledged $60, for a grand total of $710--or about $27 per mile.

All the physical preparation has been done--now I have less than 24 hours to get in the right mindset. I know when I'm on the race course I'll recall a memory from two years ago, standing outside Central Park, watching thousands of runners streaming toward the finish line at the New York Marathon. I thought, "I want that to be me." Since July, I've been working toward that goal, and tomorrow it will be a reality.

No comments: